Intramurals at UNH

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Photo Credit: Amy Van Deventer

A great way to have fun and stay in shape at UNH is by getting involved in intermurals! There are tons of great activities that range from flag football to dodge ball. Everyone can find something they enjoy!

Intermurals are available all throughout the year. There are male, female, and co-ed leagues. Games are on weeknights, and are scheduled around class times. Intermurals are actually refereed by trained students, who take the games very seriously. One of the best parts about intermurals is you get an awesome t-shirt if you are champions of one of the leagues! (And bragging rights of course!)

My favorite intermural teams is broomball. I am on a female league and my team is all roommates and friends. Broomball is game, where your team is actually on the hockey rink (in sneakers), and virtually playing floor hockey. You can have up to ten people on a team, but only 5 on the ice at a time. There are bound to be lots of slips and falls, but also lots of sweat and smiles! It is hard work running around the ice but everyone has a great attitude so its tons of fun! 

Comments

intramurals

I played broomball my freshman and sophomore year and it is so much fun! Such a great, silly activity to do with friends!