Nutrition Programs at UNH
Nutrition Programs at UNH
SPIN peer educators are available to come into your classroom, residence hall, work place or Greek house to present fun, interactive and educational programming on nutrition that meet you individual needs and goals. Health Services will provide education materials but any food items used during programs must be bought by group/person requesting the program.
- Eating Well at UNH
This program focuses on the struggles that first year students may have with nutrition. Topics that are covered in this program include healthy eating tips, snack ideas, how to make smoothies, ways to keep physically fit, and debunking myths, such as the "freshman 15."
- Mindful Eating 101
This program assists students who are struggling with mindless or stress eating, eating too fast or without any thought by teaching skills participants can use to slow down and enjoy food, mindfully.
- National Nutrition Month Expo
Celebrate National Nutrition Month in March and learn how to "Enjoy the Taste of Eating Right."
- Campus Recreation Tables - Starting February 2015
Mondays from 6 p.m. - 8 p.m. in the lobby of the Hamel Recreation Center, during the academic year. SPIN will provide free food samples and education every week.
Recipe of the Week - Quick and Healthy Dining Hall Options
- Eating at the dining halls may be overwhelming. Here, students in SPIN share their recipes for food choices that are packed with protein, complex carbohydrates, and healthy fats. Enjoy these helpful tips and eat well at your next visit to the dining hall.
Join SPIN Peer Education
Students educating students is based on the belief that students are more receptive and learn better from informed, educated peers. Health Services helps SPIN members acquire knowledge, skills and confidence to enhance their knowledge, attitudes and beliefs related to nutrition education topics and enhance their ability to provide educational programs to groups.
- About Us
- Medical Care
- UNH Self-Care Guides
- Student Health Benefits Plan (SHBP)
- Ill or Injured
- Mental Health
- STI Testing & Treatment
- Women's Health
- Complementary Health Services
- Incoming Student Information
- Information for International Students
- Release of Information Form
- Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs
- Chronic Illness Support
- Eating Concerns
- Emotional Health
- Massage Therapy
- Sex and Gender
- Stress Management
- Yoga Classes
- Paws and Relax Pet Therapy Program
- Get Involved
- Peer Support/Mentors
- Request an Educational Program
- SPIN Recipe of the Week (as seen in TNH)
- Wildcat Wellness Student Blogs on UNHTales
- Employee Clinic
- Health Withdrawals