Need transportation to a medical appointment off-campus? There are many public transportation options available.
Wildcat Transit & Campus Connector
UNH owns and operates campus-based connector routes and public transportation routes within Dover, Newington, Newmarket, Rochester and Portsmouth. All routes are open to the public and free with your UNH ID.
To learn more about Wildcat Transit & Campus Connector, click here.
COAST provides regional public transit bus service to seacoast New Hampshire. The Coastal Bus schedule will help you plan your trip on the coastal bus system. Traveling on a COAST bus is free with your UNH ID.
You can always call the Wildcat Transit System, COAST Bus, or physician/specialty practice to see which bus arrives close to your destination. You may need to switch between Wildcat Transit and a Coastal Bus to arrive at your destination. To learn more about COAST Bus, click here.
Sunshine Cab at (603) 742-5000 or Lilac City Cab at (603) 740-0080 are the local taxi companies in the area.
UNH Wildcat Rides
Organized by the Office of Student Involvement and Leadership, the UNH Wildcat Rides Facebook group is a place to find other UNH community members you can carpool with or for one time rides. To learn more about UNH Wildcat Rides, click here.
Zipcars at UNH
Get 24/7 access to Zipcars parked right on campus. Simply reserve online, let yourself in with your Zipcard and drive. Low hourly and daily rates always include gas and insurance. To learn more about the UNH Zipcar program, click here.
Car Rentals with Enterprise
Enterprise will rent vehicles to students who are 21 or older and have a major credit card. For more information, call (603) 862-3228 or click here.
Local Practices, Specialists and Providers
Wentworth Douglass Hospital (located in Dover)
- To locate a specific specialty or physician that is affiliated with Wentworth Douglass Hospital, click here.
This will enable you to locate a specific specialty as well as a specialist's address and phone number.
- You can also just enter a specialty, such as "orthopedic surgeon" to get a information about orthopedists who are affiliated with the hospital.
Portsmouth Regional Hospital (located in Portsmouth)
- To locate a specialty group and physician affiliated with Portsmouth Hospital, click here.
Seacoast Orthopedics and Sports Medicine (Two Locations)
- Somersworth, NH
7 Mash Brook Drive
- Lee, NH
65 Calef Highway (Route 125) Suite 206
To access information about the clinic and providers, click here.
If you have questions about transportation for medical care, please call (603) 862-2856.
- About Us
- Medical Care
- UNH Self-Care Guides
- Student Health Benefits Plan (SHBP)
- Ill or Injured
- Mental Health
- Transgender Health
- STI Testing & Treatment
- Women's Health
- Complementary Health Services
- Information for International Students
- Release of Information Form
- Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs
- Chronic Illness Support
- Eating Concerns
- Emotional Health
- Massage Therapy
- Sex and Gender
- Stress Management
- Yoga Classes
- Paws and Relax Pet Therapy Program
- Get Involved
- Peer Support/Mentors
- Request an Educational Program
- SPIN Recipe of the Week (as seen in TNH)
- Wildcat Wellness Student Blogs on UNHTales
- Employee Clinic
- Health Withdrawals