There are many public transportation options available to you if you need medical care off-campus.
Wildcat Transit and Campus Connector
University of New Hampshire owns and operates campus-based connector routes and public transportation routes within Dover, Newington, Newmarket, Rochester and Portsmouth. All routes are open to the public and free with your UNH ID.
COAST provides regional public transit bus service to seacoast New Hampshire. The Coastal Bus schedule will help you plan your trip on the coastal bus system.Traveling on a COAST bus is free with your UNH ID.
*Note:You can always call the Wildcat Transit System, COAST Bus, or physician/specialty practice to see which bus arrives close to your destination. You may need to switch between Wildcat Transit and a Coastal Bus to arrive at your destination.
Sunshine Cab at (603) 742-5000 or Lilac City Cab at (603) 740-0080 are the local taxi companies in the area.
Get 24/7 access to Zipcars parked right on campus! Simply reserve online, let yourself in with your Zipcard and drive. Low hourly and daily rates always include gas and insurance.
UNH Wildcat Rides
Organized by the Office of Student Involvement and Leadership, the UNH Wildcat Rides Facebook group is a place to find other UNH community members you can carpool with or for one time rides.
Local Practices, Specialists and Providers
Wentworth Douglass Hospital (located in Dover)
- Locate a practice and specialists/providers within a practice along with address and phone numbers
- Enter provider's name to locate a specific specialist/provider's address and phone number. You can also enter a specialty, such as “orthopedist” to get a list of orthopedists affiliated with the hospital.
Portsmouth Regional Hospital (located in Portsmouth)
- About Us
- Medical Care
- Student Health Benefits Plan (SHBP)
- Ill or Injured
- Mental Health
- STI Testing & Treatment
- Women's Health
- Complementary Health Services
- Incoming Student Information
- Information for International Students
- Release of Information Form
- Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs
- Chronic Illness Support
- Eating Concerns
- Emotional Health
- Massage Therapy
- Sex and Gender
- Stress Management
- Yoga Classes
- Paws and Relax Pet Therapy Program
- Get Involved
- Peer Support/Mentors
- Request an Educational Program
- SPIN Recipe of the Week (as seen in TNH)
- Wildcat Wellness Student Blogs on UNHTales
- Employee Clinic
- Health Withdrawals