There are many public transportation options available to you if you need medical care off-campus.
Wildcat Transit and Campus Connector
University of New Hampshire owns and operates campus-based connector routes and public transportation routes within Dover, Newington, Newmarket, Rochester and Portsmouth. All routes are open to the public and free with your UNH ID.
COAST provides regional public transit bus service to seacoast New Hampshire. The Coastal Bus schedule will help you plan your trip on the coastal bus system.Traveling on a COAST bus is free with your UNH ID.
*Note:You can always call the Wildcat Transit System, COAST Bus, or physician/specialty practice to see which bus arrives close to your destination. You may need to switch between Wildcat Transit and a Coastal Bus to arrive at your destination.
Sunshine Cab at (603) 742-5000 or Lilac City Cab at (603) 740-0080 are the local taxi companies in the area.
Get 24/7 access to Zipcars parked right on campus! Simply reserve online, let yourself in with your Zipcard and drive. Low hourly and daily rates always include gas and insurance.
UNH Wildcat Rides
Organized by the Office of Student Involvement and Leadership, the UNH Wildcat Rides Facebook group is a place to find other UNH community members you can carpool with or for one time rides.
Local Practices, Specialists and Providers
Wentworth Douglass Hospital (located in Dover)
- Locate a practice and specialists/providers within a practice along with address and phone numbers
- Enter provider's name to locate a specific specialist/provider's address and phone number. You can also enter a specialty, such as “orthopedist” to get a list of orthopedists affiliated with the hospital.
Portsmouth Regional Hospital (located in Portsmouth)
- About Us
- Medical Services
- Education/Counseling Services
- Incoming Student Information
- Student Health Benefits Plan (SHBP) - Coverage 2014/2015
- Student Health Benefits Plan (SHBP) - Coverage 2013/2014
- Who Can Use Health Services and Fees
- Concern for a Friend
- Peer Support/Mentors
- Paws and Relax Pet Therapy Program
- Get Involved
- Complementary Health Services
- Massage Therapy
- Information for International Students
- Release of Information Form
- Employee Clinic
- Resource Library
- Health Withdrawals