Are you Stressed?
Are you Stressed?
Are you experiencing...
- Sleep problems?
- Weight gain or loss?
- Back, shoulder or neck pain?
Are you feeling...
- Anxious or depressed?
- Irritable or frustrated?
- Out of control about your life in general?
If you answered yes to any of these symptoms, you could be experiencing stress! Not to worry! You have choices in learning how to deal with your stress. Take a deep breath, RELAX, and take action to a healthier you!
What is stress?
Stress is your physical, emotional and mental response to all external influences.
Is all stress bad?
NO! Without some stress, people wouldn't get a lot done. The extra burst of adrenaline that helps you finish your final paper, win at sports, or meet any other challenge is positive stress.
If you can't return to a relaxed state, this stress becomes negative. The changes in your body start to take their toll, often leading to mental and physical exhaustion and illness.
Positive stress adds anticipation and excitement to life! Insufficient positive stress may leave us feeling bored. On the other hand, too much negative stress can leave us feeling overwhelmed.
What are possible symptoms of negative stress?
**Physical and emotional symptoms may be the result of a serious physical illness too. It is important to have a medical provider check you first.
What can cause stress?
What can I do to help manage stress before it manages me?
- About Us
- Medical Services
- Education/Counseling Services
- Incoming Student Information
- Student Health Benefits Plan (SHBP) - Coverage 2014/2015
- Student Health Benefits Plan (SHBP) - Coverage 2013/2014
- Who Can Use Health Services and Fees
- Concern for a Friend
- Peer Support/Mentors
- Paws and Relax Pet Therapy Program
- Get Involved
- Complementary Health Services
- Massage Therapy
- Information for International Students
- Release of Information Form
- Employee Clinic
- Resource Library
- Health Withdrawals