Sustainability and Food
Sustainability and Food
Sustainability from farm to fork promotes eating and living well. There are several resources available to promote sustainable nutrition.
University of New Hampshire Resources
The institue facilitates cross-disciplinary partnerships through the common ground of sustainability that strengthen the university's responsiveness to environmental, economic, and cultural challenges.
Integrating UNH strengths in sustainable agriculture, hospitality management, and nutrition, the undergraduate Dual Major in EcoGastronomy offers a unique academic program emphasizing the interdisciplinary, international, and experiential knowledge that connects all three fields. As a dual major, the program provides a complement to any primary major.
This is a 2 credit course offered through the Nutrition program at UNH. They also share great information on their Facebook page.
Complete listing and map of UNH operated farms and greenhouses.
Educational information and programming aroudn the state on food and nutrition as well as gardening.
The UNH Organic Garden Club (OGC) is a student-run organization established in 2003 to cultivate a campus-community organic farm focused on promoting social, economic, and environmental sustainability.
Slow Food UNH seeks to preserve and revitalize food culture on campus and in the community through education, celebration, and outreach.
New England Resources
- New Hampshire Farm to School Report
- Food Solutions New England
- Seacoast Harvest: A local food guide for seafood
- Seacoast Harvest: A local food guide for seasonal fruits and vegetables
- Northeast Organic Farming Association
- The Northeast Regional Food Guide
- About Us
- Medical Care
- UNH Self-Care Guides
- Student Health Benefits Plan (SHBP)
- Ill or Injured
- Mental Health
- STI Testing & Treatment
- Women's Health
- Complementary Health Services
- Incoming Student Information
- Information for International Students
- Release of Information Form
- Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs
- Chronic Illness Support
- Eating Concerns
- Emotional Health
- Massage Therapy
- Sex and Gender
- Stress Management
- Yoga Classes
- Paws and Relax Pet Therapy Program
- Get Involved
- Peer Support/Mentors
- Request an Educational Program
- SPIN Recipe of the Week (as seen in TNH)
- Wildcat Wellness Student Blogs on UNHTales
- Employee Clinic
- Health Withdrawals