Putting a SPIN on College Cooking
Cooking Class: Healthy Meals for Less
Living Off Campus?
This Cooking Class is for YOU!
Learn how to make yummy and healthy meals that won't hurt your bank account. In each session, you will learn about nutritional benefits of the meal and be provided an opportunity to cook your own meal that you will be able to take home.
Classes will be taught by SPIN Peer Educators and a guest student chef. If you have food allergies or special dietary needs, please indicate that on the registration form and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
You will learn how to make your own meals even if...
- You’ve never cooked before
- You’re really busy
- You’re short on cash
- Your kitchen consists of two pans and a microwave
Win a Prize!
If you register for and attend all four sessions, will win a personal blender!
Location of Classes
Cooking classes are held in the Stillings Dining Hall. PLEASE meet in the lobby by the stairs of the dining hall at 5:45 p.m. and someone will come to get you and bring you to the Stillings Catering Kitchen.
Preparing for Class
- Please meet for the class at the bottom of the stairs that go up to the dining area, in the lobby of Stillings Hall, no later than 5:50 p.m. There will be a SPIN member waiting for you there and they will lead you to the catering kitchen. DO NOT WALK THROUGH THE UPSTAIRS KITCHEN OR THE CATERING KITCHEN. SOMEONE MUST ESCORT YOU TO THE CLASS, YOU CANNOT BE IN THE CATERING KITCHEN EARLY. If you are running late, please let someone at the register at Stillings know and they will escort you to the cass.
- Please wear all long hanging hair in a ponytail or under a hat.
- Wear closed toe, preferably non-slip shoes.
- We cannot and do not cater to allergies and/or special dietary needs. If you have an allergy or special dietary need, we welcome you to watch the skills learned from the class but cannot guarantee food to these specifications.
Classes Are Currently Full - Join Waitlist
Classes will meet from 6 p.m. - 8 p.m. You can register for each session or only one. These classes are only open to UNH students.
- February 3 - Cheap and Healthy Meals in a Hurry
- March 3 - Immunity Booster Soups
- April 7 - Fabulous Fish
- May 5 - Cinco de Mayo, Make Your Own Guacamole and Salsa
If you can no longer attend a class, you must cancel by calling (603) 862-3823 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org . If you don't cancel and don't show up to a class, your registration in future sessions will be cancelled and you won't be able to register for future nutrition classes this semester.
Sponsored by SPIN (Students Promoting Information About Nutrition), a UNH Health Services Peer Education group and UNH Dining.
- About Us
- Flu Vaccine
- Medical Services
- Complementary Health
- Incoming Students
- Student Health Benefits Plan (SHBP)
- Fees and Eligibility
- Peer Support/Mentors
- Concern for a Friend
- Get Involved
- International Students
- Release of Information Form
- Campus Resources
- Employee Clinic
- Resource Library
- Health Withdrawals