Getting Medical Care When We're Closed
Students who need medical services when Health Services is closed have the following options available to them:
- Medical Emergency - For a medical problem requiring immediate assistance, call 911 to get an ambulance.
- Minor Illness & Injuries - If medical treatment is not urgent but you are not sure treatment can wait until Health Services is open, call Health Services at (603) 862-WELL (9355) and press 2. You will be automatically connected with a medical call center, where staff will conduct a phone assessment, and make suggestions for additional care options, including a visit to an urgent care center or hospital, if appropriate.
Urgent Care Centers and Hospitals Near UNH
Urgent Care Centers
- Walk-In Urgent Care in Lee (approximately 7 miles from Durham)
- Wentworth-Douglass Express Care in Dover (approximately 8 miles from Durham)
- Seacoast RediCare in Somersworth (approximately 10 miles from Durham)
- Access Walk-In Injury Clinic in Exeter (approximately 13 miles from Durham)
- Wentworth-Douglass Hospital in Dover (approximately 8 miles from Durham)
- Portsmouth Regional Hospital in Portsmouth (approximately 12 miles from Durham)
- Frisbee Memorial Hospital in Rochester (approximately 16 miles from Durham)
- Exeter Hospital in Exeter (approximately 13 miles from Durham)
- New Hampshire Hospital State Listing
When We're OPEN: Call us at (603) 862-WELL (9355) or make an appointment online. If it is an emergency, call 911.
Medical Emergency When We're CLOSED: Call 911 to get an ambulance.
Minor Illnesses & Injuries When We're CLOSED: Call us at (603) 862-WELL (9355) and press 2. You will be automatically connected to the Team Health Medical Call Center.
- About Us
- Medical Services
- Education/Counseling Services
- Incoming Student Information
- Student Health Benefits Plan (SHBP) - Coverage 2014/2015
- Student Health Benefits Plan (SHBP) - Coverage 2013/2014
- Who Can Use Health Services and Fees
- Concern for a Friend
- Peer Support/Mentors
- Paws and Relax Pet Therapy Program
- Get Involved
- Complementary Health Services
- Massage Therapy
- Information for International Students
- Release of Information Form
- Employee Clinic
- Resource Library
- Health Withdrawals