Meet Our Staff
Meet Our Staff
(Left to right): Maria Larkin, Maria Caplan, Jane Shannon, Rachael Kreckmann, Pamela Kayden-Babish, Kathleen Grace-Bishop, Melissa Garvey, Judy Stevens and Peter Welch.
Director of Education and Promotion
- B.S., Human Development, Penn State University
- M.H.S.A., Antioch New England College
- Certified Health Education Specialist
- Year began at UNH Health Services: 1983
Kathleen also teaches in the Social Work Department and is a co-facilitator for Being Fierce and Fabulous, a women's empowerment group at UNH.
- B.S., Dietetics with minors in Exercise Science and Integrative Medicine, The Ohio State University
- M.S., Nutrition/Dietetic Residency, Kent State University
- Year began at UNH Health Services: 2013
Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs Educator/Counselor
- B.F.A., Dance, Minor in Arts Administration, University of Massachusetts
- M.S.W., Clinical Concentration with Emphasis on Substance Abuse, University of New Hampshire
- Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW), New Hampshire Board of Mental Health
- Community Prevention Specialist (CPS), The Prevention Certification Board of New Hampshire
- Year began at UNH Health Services: 2009
Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs Counselor
- Kansas City Art Institute
- B.A., Keene State College
- M.Ed. in Counseling, Keene State College
- Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC)
- Year began at UNH Health Services: 2008
Community Health Nurse
- B.S., Health Education, Russell Sage College
- B.S.N., Nursing, Russell Sage College
- Year began at UNH Health Services: 1994
As the Community Healthy Nurse, Judy is responsible for...
- Following-up on students who have been admitted to the hospital. This can include visiting students when hospitalized, assisting with communication to faculty, informing students of resources available, discussing academic options with students and working to insure proper medical follow-up.
- Working with students to resolve academic issues arising from illness, hospitalization, or medical withdrawal.
- Providing education, counseling and support for student with chronic and acute illnesses/health issues, including facilitating Living Well, a chronic illness support group.
- Assisting in responding to communicable diseases and other public health issues.
- M.A. in Counseling, University of New Hampshire
- Certified Pre- and Post-Test HIV Counselor, State of New Hampshire
- Year began at UNH Health Services: 1992
Peter also teaches in the UNH Women's Studies Program.
- Rachael Kreckmann
- Jane Shannon
- About Us
- Incoming Students
- Student Health Benefits Plan (SHBP) - Coverage 2014/2015
- Medical Services
- Complementary Health
- Fees and Eligibility
- Peer Support/Mentors
- Concern for a Friend
- Get Involved
- International Students
- Release of Information Form
- Campus Resources
- Employee Clinic
- Resource Library
- Health Withdrawals