Facilities Employee Recognition Program
The Facilities Recognition Program is a recognition program created exclusively for Facilities staff that is appreciative, inspiring, and fun! Our objective is to show appreciation for Facilities employees who demonstrate above and beyond job performance and commitment to the University.
There are three recognition categories to nominate an employee for. The categories are:
- Facilities Star, consistent excellence in overall job performance, “above and beyond what is expected”
- A Facilities Star is a consistent high performer in all aspects of their position. A Facilities Star is reliable, dependable; service focused, and promotes excellence for the Facilities Division.
- Facilities Hero, “coming to the rescue when matters most” (one time event)
- A Facilities Hero was presented with a situation, recognized a need, and jumped right into to save the day. A Facilities Hero does not need to be asked – the Hero anticipates what needs to be done and comes to the rescue when it matters most. A Facilities Hero is an essential piece when we need it most!
- Facilities Wildcat, contributions to the University outside of regular job duties
- A Facilities Wildcat demonstrates great pride for the University above and beyond their contributions to the Facilities Division. A Facilities Wildcat is involved, committed, and impactful to the University’s mission. A Facilities Wildcat serves our University community.
Nominators will need to select one of the categories for the nomination and be prepared to provide a summary and examples to support the nomination.
The following Facilities staff will be eligible, including:
- UNH benefitted
- UNH hourly
- All levels of Facilities management
- New hires (no waiting periods)
To be eligible, the employee must also be in good standing – meaning not in a formal disciplinary status.
Who can submit nominations?
Anyone from the University community can submit a nomination for a Facilities employee. Facilities employees can nominate other Facilities employees, including co-workers.
What should I nominate someone for?
There are three recognition categories to nomination an employee for – see the Recognition Categories section. Select the one category that you feel is most appropriate for the recognition. You will then be asked to provide a brief summary of why you are recognizing this employee and to provide examples to support the nomination. The more information and examples you provide will assist the recognition committee in making their decisions!
Where do I find the nomination form?
The nomination form is available here.
What happens after I submit a nomination?
Nominations are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year and will be presented for consideration at the next quarterly recognition committee meeting. The recognition committee meeting schedule will follow one month ahead of the quarterly “Facilities All Hands” meetings.
The FY14 recognition committee meeting schedule is:
Reminders will be sent out before the committee meeting to request any additional nominations for the quarter.
When does the person know that he/she was nominated?
The nomination you submit will be held until the next quarterly recognition committee meeting. The FY14 recognition committee meeting schedule is:
The recognition committee will select the award recipients for the quarter. All employees who received a nomination will be notified that they have been recognized and will be invited to a celebratory ice cream social. Award recipients will be honored at the social and also at the department level.
Award recipients will be featured in the Facilities Newsletter and also mentioned during the quarterly All Hands Meeting.
I am interested in joining the recognition committee, how do I find out more information?
The recognition committee is open to all employees in Facilities. Contact Meghan Proctor in HR for more information on how to join!
This form will be submitted to Meghan Proctor, Facilities HR. Recognitions are accepted on a rolling basis and will be presented for consideration at the next recognition committee meeting. NOMINATION FORM
Nomination forms can be emailed or sent by campus mail to Meghan Proctor.
22 Colovos Road
Tips for submitting a nomination:
When nominating someone for recognition, please be specific and include as much details as possible. The recognition committee members vote on each individual nomination received and their votes are based on the content of the nomination form. Therefore, the more information you include in your nomination stating the reason for the nomination will assist the committee in the voting process.
There are three levels of awards:
- Congratulations Award (all nomination recipients)
- Honorable Mention
- Top Achievement
Awards will be distributed to recipients by the recognition committee members. Please note that award prizes that are valued over $25 must be taxed per USNH/IRS guidelines.
Please contact Meghan in HR or a current committee member with questions.
Current committee members include:
|Jeff McGrath, Zone 1 Manager||Colin Williams, FCT Supervisor|
|Guy Eaton, Communications and Information Coordinator||Dawn LaPanne, FITG|
|Val Lebrun, BSC||Mark Geuther, FPM|
|Brenda Whitmore, FPM||Peter Henry, Housekeeping|
|Meghan Proctor, HR||Jane Vaughn, FCC|
*Please note that this program is currently in pilot mode and could be adjusted or discontinued as needed to meet the needs of the organization.