Online Best Practices
- elearning Services Training.
On the training page, scroll down for Webinars and face-to-face training specific to eLearning, Intellectual Property, and Rich Media.
- Copyright & Intellectual Property
This link contains information on copyright and intellectual property in distance education and links to USNH resources and policies on these issues.
- Rich Media Webinars
Click the link above for best Practices in using Rich Media in your course.
University Library Resources
The UNH Libraries offer a multitude of resources that are available remotely to students and faculty who come infrequently or not at all to campus.
- Over 450 databases, many of which are full-text or partially full-text, on subjects covering all of our curriculum. The list of databases is here http://www.library.unh.edu/researchtools/databases/
- Interlibrary Loan services which can provide articles which UNH does not own, scanned and posted to users’ accounts https://uofnewhampshire.hosts.atlas-sys.com/illiad/logon.html
- A document delivery service which can provide articles which UNH owns in paper but not online as well as book chapters http://www.library.unh.edu/services/document-delivery.shtml
- RefWorks, a web-based citation management and bibliography creation tool which allows users to export references from the libraries’ databases, store them in folders and produce bibliographies using all the major citation styles http://www.library.unh.edu/reference/refworks.shtml
- Library guides on many subjects which can suggest sources and help students begin research on their topics http://libraryguides.unh.edu/
- Help Using the Library http://www.library.unh.edu/reference/gethelp.shtml gives students access to reference help via email, text messaging and instant messaging as well as by phone.
Please contact the Reference Department at reference [dot] desk [at] unh [dot] edu or 862-1544 for more information.
- Quality Matters rubric for distance courses
A guideline for faculty teaching at a distance developed by the University of Maryland Online.
- Is Online Teaching Right for You?
Take a survey developed at Penn State University to evaluate your readiness to teach online.
- ADEC (American Distance Education Consortium) Guiding Principles for Distance Teaching & Learning.
- Assessing Online Learning
A special report from Faculty Focus that contains a number of articles on the theory and practice of teaching online. Links to a number of articles on distance learning drawn from professional journals.
- Evaluation of Evidence-Based Practices in Online LearningEvaluation of Evidence-Based Practices in Online Learning
- J-Term Student Interviews:
- About Us
- Become a Student
- Faculty Resources
- Student Resources