Terra Madre delegate
Slow Food USA will be sending 250 delegates to attend Terra Madre/Salone del Gusto Oct 23-27, 2014 and a delegation that facilitates some of the most timely workshops such as: Feeding Cities is Easy, Indigenous Peoples and Food Sovereignty. You can become part of this SFUSA delegation to Terra Madre 2014!
What is Terra Madre/Salone del Gusto? Take a look at this short film to get a sweeet flavor and taste: Salone del Gusto/Terra Madre 2014 Official Preview
And take a look at this film to see how our Slow Food leader Carlo Petrini inspires the youth: Carlo Petrini Terra Madre 2012
Application are due by March 23:
- The Application Link:
- Terra Madre Application Guidelines:
- Important Dates:
- o March 23 Deadline to submit delegate application to Slow Food USA national office.
- o March 28 National office collects applications and distributes to Regional Governors
- o March 28 – April 21 National/regional delegate selection process takes place.
- o April 21 Regional delegation list due to Slow Food USA national office.
- o April 21 – April 30 National reviews & confirms decisions.
- o May 1 Delegation acceptances and rejections emailed out to applicants.
- o May 15 Deadline for delegates to accept their invitation. Delegation list sent to Slow Food International.
The Terra Madre and Salone del Gusto experience is truly remarkable, inspiring and ripe with international network connections. I served as a USA delegate to Terra Madre in 2012 and was blessed with an opportunity to provide this interview Growing the Good (Slow) Food Revolution - Salone del Gusto. Further my experience at Terra Madre has blossomed into a book, Through the Eyes of a Sacred Earth Activist-Terra Madre which will be published in August. Other Terra Madre Links describe how I have carried the Terra Madre experience back home to share with others in my community.
Even if you are not selected as a delegate you can still attend. The experience is worthy of a business/school trip, family vacation or gift to yourself!
At this site you can join or learn more about Slow Food USA. If you have any questions, concerns or comments please feel free to contact SFUSA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you all in advance for helping our Slow Food USA community grow and learn by sharing this opportunity!
Happy good, fair, clean eating,
with lotsa love and hugs!!
Sustainable Communities Network, http://sustainlex.org/