Beecher’s Flagship Foundation is a Seattle-based non-profit organization working to empower kids to make healthy food choices through our dynamic, in- school, nutrition education and cooking workshop. Our Pure Food Kids workshops spark kids’ curiosity, teaching them how to find out what’s really in the foods they eat, and inspiring them with the opportunity to cook a wholesome, delicious meal right in the classroom!
Now in our eighth year, Pure Food Kids is established in hundreds of school classrooms around the Puget Sound Region, and is poised to build our capacity to deliver the program to more schools here, and in New York City in the coming year. The success shows, not only in the number of students we have reached so far (more than 60,000), but also in the faces of the students lit up with the excitement of their new knowledge and curiosity about the food they eat.
To help us in our goals of reaching critical mass, and bringing in funding to grow our capacity and track our impact, we are seeking a program coordinator to assist us in executing administrative, fundraising, and communications tasks.
Program Coordinator Job Description:
• Assist with fundraising, research and support for securing
philanthropic grants, corporate sponsors and support for major donor appeals and events
• Administrative work including grant and donor database build and
maintenance, assembling needed documents for fundraising and marketing activities
• Assist with development and management of public engagement tools,
social media activities, news content and distribution to key stakeholders
• Learning and operating systems associated with scheduling our Pure
Food Kids workshops and assistance with outreach to schools and PTSA’s to schedule workshops
• Assist with development and use of data collection tools used to
measure the impact of our program (surveys, public opinion polls, focus groups, etc.)
• Strong organizational and project management skills
• Able to track and manage multiple projects and deadlines
• Experienced and comfortable with technology, computer database and
spreadsheet programs, ideally including Access, online research, surveys and other data collection tools
• Experience or strong interest in social media platforms, content
development, consumer engagement and news distribution, marketing, graphic design
• Experience or strong interest in public health or food system issues;
nutrition education; youth cooking skills; nonprofit work
Interested candidates, please submit resume and cover letter to Kristin Hyde at email@example.com by March 21st, 2014.