Philanthropy / Marketing Writer
A recently released study identified a greater number of food insecure Marylanders than previously recognized. To better serve this needy population, the Maryland Food Bank is expanding its operations throughout the State and has an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join our Philanthropy/Marketing team. We are seeking a full-time writer who will responsible for producing short and long form written content that will bring the mission of MFB to life for external constituents. Candidates will have an understanding of basic grant writing, storytelling, reporting and content development for non-profits organizations. Strong editorial and grammatical skills are required.
Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, English, Journalism, Marketing, Communications or similar field. Applicant should have a minimum of two years work experience in writing or Development capacity or an equivalent combination.
- Experience writing and editing one or more of the following: funding proposals and grant reports; magazine, newspaper, newsletter or website articles; or equivalent.
- Strong information gathering, organizing, and editing skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Superb copy-editing and proofreading skills.
- Experience coordinating multi-dimensional projects; meeting multiple, short and long term deadlines simultaneously.
- Experience with the MS Office Suite including, Word, Excel, and Outlook is essential.
- Previous work experience is needed in the non-profit sector or in hunger, human services or related fields.
The Maryland Food Bank offers an industry leading benefits package, including:
- 10 vacation days in your first year, 8 personal days & 11 holidays
- End of year paid time off during holidays (subject to yearly board approval)
- 403-B plan with company match after 1 year of service, with immediate vesting
- 3% automatic contribution into a 403-B plan after 1 year of service with no requirement for contribution
- Medical, dental, and vision plans, including a health savings account with company contribution of $1,250 annually
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance at no cost to the employee
- Life insurance coverage at 2 times base salary at no cost to the employee
- Continuing Education reimbursement (with limitations)
If you meet the above requirements, and wish to join the mission to improve the lives of Marylanders by ending hunger, please submit resume, and cover letter with salary expectations to email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE!
2200 Halethorpe Farms Road
Baltimore, MD 21227
410.737.8282 ext 202