IT & Web Support Consultant
About Just Food
Just Food is a non-profit organization that connects communities and local farms with the resources and support they need to make fresh, locally grown food accessible to all New Yorkers. Just Food empowers regional farmers and food producers, CSA organizers and everyday eaters to establish and experience healthy food systems—in every neighborhood.
Since 1995, Just Food has pioneered and championed the proliferation of sustainable food programs, including CSAs, community-run farmers’ markets, and farm-to-food pantry programs. Just Food serves thousands of New Yorkers by forging partnerships between local farms, neighborhood groups, and consumers, and by providing urban communities with a framework for growing, and knowing, healthy food. For more information about Just Food and its programs, visit www.justfood.org.
Reporting to the Farm Resource Associate, the IT and Web Support Consultant will assist with formatting, editing and incorporating graphics into existing written, audio and video resources for farmers. These resources support farmers’ efforts to incorporate risk management strategies into their farm business. These resources include a Workplace CSA Toolkit, Webinar archives and Video Tipsheets.
Workplace CSA Toolkit
• Using InDesign, creating and editing Toolkit content of best practices
and risk management strategies for Workplace CSAs and Farmers including the Spanish translated version.
• Integrate recorded Video Tipsheets onto Just Food’s Website
• Detail oriented, organized and able to meet timeline requirements
• Proficient knowledge of Adobe InDesign CS6 and Photoshop
• Editing WMV Files a plus
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with others
• Enthusiasm for local, seasonal eating and cooking
• Be flexible with a great sense of humor
• Ability to read and write Spanish a plus
• Starts ASAP – August 31, 2013 • Approximately 2 - 4 hours a week
Submit cover letter, resume and compensation (hourly) requirements via email to Connie Hammarlund, Farm Resource Associate at email@example.com with the subject line “IT and Web Support Consultant.”