Farmer's Market Manager
NOW HIRING: Market Manager for 2014 Market season Part-time position starting immediately through October 2014
Hyde Park Main Streets seeks a part-time Market Manager who will bring enthusiasm and dedication to promoting and operating the Hyde Park Farmers Market during the 2014 season. The Farmers Market Committee of Hyde Park Main Streets is looking for an individual that will manage day-of operations for the market, coordinate vendor relations, community outreach/marketing, develop market programming throughout the market season, and manage and recruit volunteers.
2014 is the fourth year for the Hyde Park Farmers Market. The market is held Thursday afternoons from 3:00-7:00pm from July through October in Cleary Square in Hyde Park. We hope to have 3-4 farm vendors, 3-4 local prepared food vendors, 2-3 local health-related nonprofits, and possibly other non-food vendors as well.
Candidates should be energetic and committed to the success and growth of the market. The Market Manager will implement the Committee’s vision for the market and work with customers, food purveyors, farmers and other vendors to help create a fun, community-centered, and dynamic market experience.
The Market Manager should be passionate about food, local farming and agriculture, and using the market as a tool for community economic development. The manager should be familiar with the Hyde Park community.
Community marketing experience is preferred and an ability to manage multiple tasks at once is required.
The Market Manager will perform the following job responsibilities:
Coordinate day-to-day operations of the Market:
• Handle set up and break down on market days (lifting up to 25lbs. may
• Stay onsite during market hours
• Arrange and staff an information table at market
• Oversee all SNAP and EBT transactions
• Act as lead point of contact for any vendor and customer questions
Establish and maintain lines of communication with farmers and other market
• Recruit vendors and assist in their application confirmation
• Confirm weekly participation by all vendors
• Ensure all vendor fees have been paid
• Cultivate new vendors in order to maintain vendor quota for the market
Develop and execute a marketing and programming plan:
• Work with Committee to increase the market’s customer base among
community residents, business owners, and visitors
• Promote the market through neighborhood outreach in business districts
• Draft and send weekly market e-newsletter
• Maintain and regularly update market social media accounts
• Represent and promote the market in the community
• Coordinate with partner organizations conducting market programming
• Experience managing a Farmers’ Market
• Familiarity with the Hyde Park community
• Experience with marketing and planning special events
• Ability to work independently and take full responsibility for follow-
through is critical
The Market Manager will be expected to work 10-15 hours per week, including required attendance at the market on Thursdays. Other work hours and work location are flexible.
Duration of position: Immediately through October 31, 2014 Required attendance: Thursdays, 2-8:00pm, July 10 through October 30
The Market Manager will be paid $15 per hour depending on experience.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Hyde Park Main Streets
Applications accepted through March 31, 2014.