Conference Production Assistant
EcoFarm Conference Production Assistant
Ecological Farming Association (EFA)
Start Date: August 2013. (Exact date negotiable.)
Compensation: Seasonal Position, $18-20 DOE, 20-30+ hours/week, as EcoFarm
Conference production requires, for 32 weeks beginning August and working
through February. Depending on funding, there will be a potential for this
seasonal position to continue beyond February and then depending on funding,
to year-round work as a Program Assistant. The seasonal position is not
eligible for benefits. Re-classification of this position to year-round
employment includes benefits.
Location: The job is based at the EFA office, located off Highway 1 in Soquel,
a few miles south of Santa Cruz, CA, close to the freeway and accessible by
bus line and bike lane. Some travel and overnights out of town and attendance
at events required for this position.
Job Description: The Ecological Farming Association is seeking a Conference
Production Assistant. The ideal candidate will have relevant experience and
demonstrated competency in sponsor/donor solicitation and/or sales, event
coordination, food service and/or procurement, and office experience. This
position requires an energetic, detail-oriented, and organized individual who
can be nimble with multiple projects and take direction. This position is
supervised by the Executive Director and reports to and works with all team
members depending on the project. Position coordinates EcoFarm Conference
logistics with Conference Planning contractor.
• Food Donation Coordinator: Lead responsibility of this position.
o Solicit and coordinate logistics for all food donations based on menu
created by the chef consultant.
• Manage donor solicitation through letters, e-mail and phone.
• Coordinate donation shipping and deliveries.
• Receive and organize on-site deliveries, dining hall logistics as
• Sponsorship Assistant
o Assist with sponsor solicitation and coordination as needed.
• Special Events Coordinator
o Help manage special events, including contacting event hosts,
confirming details for conference publications and logistics, coordinating
catering for some events, and overseeing the success of all events on-site at
o Assist in management of pre-conference events as needed.
• Exhibitor Marketplace Assistant
o Support exhibitors and marketplace logistics leading up to the
o Work to arrange book signings with the program coordinator and
• Assist with general tasks and support conference production as needed.
• Experience in: Soliciting sponsorships/donors solicitation, sales,
catering or food service, event production.
• Self-starter with demonstrated follow-through.
• Detail-oriented, especially with multiple streams of data.
• Must be organized and database-savvy.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
o Customer service-oriented attitude.
o Enjoys phone contact work with diverse contacts.
• Produce high quality work in a deadline-driven environment.
• Experience with Microsoft Office, especially proficient in Excel.
• Commitment to ecological agriculture and safe and just food systems.
• Professional and effective under pressure of production details and
Physical Requirements: This is primarily an office-based job with extensive
word processing and phone contact duties, but during events it requires
additional physical abilities. Applicants must be able to sit and stand for
extended periods of time, must possess a valid California drivers’ license,
must be able to walk up and down stairs and on un-even ground such as through
an orchard or a plowed field, and must be able to lift and carry up to twenty
pounds for short distances.
EOE: The Ecological Farming Association is an equal opportunity employer and
makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Our policy prohibits
unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital
status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability,
medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made
unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
To apply: Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject
line: “Conference Production Assistant Application.”
1. A résumé and cover letter that demonstrates your accomplishments as
they relate to the job description stated above.
2. Three professional references with contact information.
Process: No calls please. We will contact applicants selected for interviews.
We will be selecting applications on a rolling basis until the position is
The Ecological Farming Association nurtures healthy and just farms, food
systems, communities and environment by bringing people together for
education, alliance building and advocacy. To learn more about the mission
and programs of the Ecological Farming Association visit our website at