Americorps Vista job
Position: Americorps VISTA Anti-Hunger and Opportunity Corps Team Member at the Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano
The VISTA member will work in Contra Costa and Solano Counties to recruit, train, oversee, and coordinate volunteers and community agency members who will outreach to vulnerable, hard to reach residents, and enroll them in CalFresh – national known as the SNAP program (formally Food Stamp program). The position includes coordinative and administrative responsibilities along with supervision of volunteers.
Living allowance/stipend paid biweekly; Segal Education Award ($5,500) or End-of-Service Stipend ($1,500); health benefits; opportunity to forbear student loans while in service; relocation assistance (if applicable); childcare assistance (if applicable); one year non-competitive status for a US federal government position; a network of over 180,000 AmeriCorps VISTA volunteers and alums.
- Become trained in CalFresh education, pre-screening, application process, and support functions
- Become trained in the CalWIN system to enroll individuals in CalFresh online
- Help strengthen connections between low income populations, farmers’ markets and community gardens
- Continue to develop the volunteer CalFresh training model to assist vulnerable, hard to reach individuals with CalFresh education, pre-screening, application, and support using volunteers
- Expand the CalFresh volunteer program by recruiting new volunteers to train them in CalFresh education, pre screening, application, and support, as well as on-going training needs
- Cultivate relationships with member agencies in so doing explain the various capacity building supports that the Food Bank has to offer agencies (CalFresh, volunteer coordination of needs, nutrition programming, etc.) to generate their interest
- Develop a plan with the Food Bank agency relations team to ensure effective and efficient coordination
- Develop an evaluation plan for the project and evaluation and reporting forms such as questionnaires and/or reporting forms to assess program impact
- Recruit volunteers