Scholarships for Students with Disabilities

Just Walkers Mobility Scholarship

Just Walkers is offering a $1,000 scholarship to undergraduate or graduate students with a mobility disability. To apply, students write an essay answering the question “Describe a time when you faced a major obstacle. What did you do and what did the experience teach you?” 

11840 West Market Place, Suite H
Fulton, MD 20759

Telephone: 888-986-0660 

Web site:


The New Hampshire Charitable Foundation

The New Hampshire Charitable Foundation offers scholarships to disabled students. Scholarships are awarded to New Hampshire residents only. For applications or additional information contact:

The New Hampshire Charitable Foundation

37 Pleasant Street

Concord, NH 03301-4005

Telephone: 603-225-6641

Web site:

VSA (Very Special Arts)

VSA offers the Panasonic Young Soloists Award to disabled individuals who are twenty-five years of age and younger and are instrumentalists or vocalists that perform as soloists. For an application or additional information contact:


1300 Connecticut Avenue N.W.

Suite 700

Washington, DC 20036

Telephone: 800-933-8721

Web site:

Additional Resources

Heath Resource Center

The Heath Resource Center offers a free eight-page document entitled "Financial Aid for Students with Disabilities." To receive this document contact:

Heath Resource Center at George Washington University

2134 G Street, NW, Suite 221

Washington, DC 20052

Telephone: 202-994-8770

Toll free: 800 544-3284

Web site:

United States Department of Education

The United States Department of Education's Office of Federal Student Aid offers two free cassette recordings with information on post-secondary student financial aid for students with visual impairments. To receive these cassettes contact:

Federal Student Aid Information Center

P.O. Box 84

Washington, DC 20044

Telephone: 800-433-3243

Web site: