Policy and Procedure

In order for students to receive academic or non-academic accommodations current UNH students must self-identify and register with the DSS office.  To register, please see  Clockwork Services located under the Students tab. Students must provide current documentation by a licensed or certified official that states the disability.  Included in the type written assessment should be a description of the current impact of the disability as it relates to the accommodations requested. A brief statement written by a physician on a prescription pad is not sufficient documentation.

The student must meet with a professional in the DSS Office to discuss the accommodations, and to become familiar with the procedures. Through consultation and evaluation of documentation, each student's needs are identified on a case-by-case, course-by-course basis. If documentation is out dated or further documentation is needed, the DSS Office requires the student to obtain the needed information or assessment to receive services. Diagnostic testing is not provided through the DSS Office. There is a diagnostician referral list available that highlights cost, locations, and insurances accepted. Please note that most insurance companies do not cover the cost of a learning disability assessment. Students may register with the office at any point throughout their academic career. Documentation provided to the DSS Office is not considered part of a student's permanent academic record. The DSS Office will keep files in electronic format for five years after the student leaves the University.

For general information about disability and reasonable accommodations please click here.