Local Harvest Initiative
As a Land Grant University, UNH is committed to supporting and advancing the state's agricultural economy. Small, family farms are not only part of our state's heritage, but play a vital, active role in our current economy and culture. In recognition of the many benefits a vibrant agriculture affords in NH, the UNH Local Harvest initiative will raise awareness and educate students, staff and community members about our local agricultural landscape and its role in sustaining our physical and economical health and well-being, now and in the future.
Local Harvest Feast
Held each September, the Local Harvest Feast is an evening of fine dining on mouth-watering creations, produced from local foods. Open to the public and students alike, this hugely popular event is a chance for attendees to learn why supporting local agriculture and food producers is so important. You'll have the opportunity to meet various local producers and browse their presentation tables before or after dinner. See what our menu offered for the most recent Local Harvest Dinner!
- Cameron's News Beat: UNH Fosters Local Farmers with Fall Dinner Festival...Read More
- "Fun idea!!"
- "One of the best meals I've had in a long time. Really, thank you for a great event."
- "Do this event more often, please! I really enjoyed it!"
- "I learned so much about how many different local products there are. It was tasty."
- "The food was great and felt healthier and better. There was an amazing selection"
- "I learned how much impact UNH has on the community and vice versa."
- "Thank you! This is a great event. I learned a lot and felt connected to the community."