For upcoming training dates, times, and locations, please refer to the training calendar.
DCYF Core Academy is required for all newly-hired Child Protective Services (CPS), Juvenile Probation and Parole (JPP), and Sununu Youth Services Center (SYSC) staff within the first 6 months of employment. The DCYF Core Academy tiered training matrix is shown below. Required trainings are listed for each of 3 tracks: CPS, JPP, and SYSC. Enrollment instructions are provided at the bottom of the matrix.
Click here to download the DCYF Core Academy tiered training matrix. (Note: This is a legal-size document.)
Specialized Training provides a more advanced level to essential child welfare practice knowledge. These trainings are developed and identified to meet the specific needs of DCYF Staff. Needs are assessed using annual individual assessments, field surveys, current research and best practice. Pending availability, Department of Health and Human Services personnel and outside providers are also invited to attend.
Past Specialized trainings have included:
- Drug Recognition and Awareness
- 3-5-7 Model: Preparing Youth for Permanency - Life Stories Matter
- Connect: Youth Suicide Prevention
- Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA) Training
- Overview of Child Sexual Abuse
- Case Practice Review: Reviewer Training
- CASA/DCYF Meet & Greet
- Building Resiliency: How the Helping Professional Can Fight the Frazzle
Online Training links currently available are listed below (click on a title to go to the website of the organization hosting the training). If you have questions regarding these or any other online trainings that may be available, please contact one of CPE's educational program coordinators. To receive credit for any training listed below, print out and complete an Action Plan (if required) and send it together with the completed 'Knowledge Check' to CPE via fax (271-4737), email, or interoffice mail. If you notice any broken or expired training links, please contact Pam Seufert via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 271-4732:
The organizations linked below also offer training opportunities (webinars and/or workshops) that are available for DCYF staff to complete in order to receive training credit. Please send a copy of your training certificate and a completed Action Plan (if required) to CPE via fax (271-4737), email, or interoffice mail. If you notice any broken or expired training links, please contact Pam Seufert via email (email@example.com) or call 271-4732:
- Bureau of Education and Training (BET)
- Bureau of Drug and Alcohol Services (BDAS)
- Granite State College Education & Training Partnership (E&TP)
- Organization Development and Training Services (ODTS) - **NOTE: This is a DHHS Intranet link.**
- National Children's Advocacy Center - **NOTE: Please contact your CPE educational program coordinator if you have concerns regarding the Title IV-E eligibility of any webinars or recorded trainings for which you would like to receive training hours.
- Midwest Regional Children's Advocacy Centers EduNet - **NOTE: Please contact your CPE educational program coordinator if you have concerns regarding the Title IV-E eligibility of any upcoming or archived EduNet webinars for which you would like to receive training hours. (Click the webinar title and send the educational program coordinator the course description and link for the webinar.)**
- About Us
- External Resources
- MyCPE Blackboard