Dr. Tat Fu
University of New Hampshire
Department of Civil Engineering
Kingsbury Hall W133
33 Academic Way
Durham, NH 03824
Research Group: Structural Engineering and Materials
- Ph.D. Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Southern California (USC), Los Angeles, CA, 2009
- M.B.S. (Master of Building Science), Architecture, USC, 2007
- M.S. Electrical Engineering, USC, 2006
- M.S. Civil and Environmental Engineering, USC, 2004
- B.S. Civil and Environmental Engineering, USC, 2003
Civil Engineering: structural dynamics, structural control and health monitoring, structural design, computational stochastic dynamics, earthquake engineering, sustainable civil infrastructure, high speed rail, water distribution system
Electrical Engineering: wireless sensor networks, control systems, system identification
Architecture: sustainability, building energy modeling and analysis, efficient building design
Multidisciplinary Research: system integration, multi-functional design, interdependence of systems, multivariate optimization
Honors and Awards
NSF award (CBET 13-36824), “Wireless Occupancy Detection to Improve Building Energy Efficiency,” 2014-2017.
NSF award (CMMI 12-28074), “BRIGE: Integrating Structural Control and Double Skin Façades for Building Safety and Energy Efficiency,” 2012-2014.
NSF award (CMMI 13-42020), “RAPID: Structural Damage Data Collection and Analysis of a Recently Damaged Bridge,” 2013-2014.
Summer Faculty Fellowship, UNH Graduate School, 2012
Outstanding Research Assistant Award, USC Civil Engineering, 2009
Doctoral Fellowship, USC School of Engineering, 2004-2008
Green Building Design
Structural ControlRisk Analysis in Civil Engineering
- LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Accredited Professional
- EIT (Engineer in Training), certified in California
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) – Member
- ASCE Engineering Mechanic Institute (EMI) Structural Health Monitoring and Control (SHMC) Committee – Member
- Golden Key International Honour Society – Member
- Chi Epsilon, National Civil Engineering Honors Society – Member
Fu, T., and Johnson, E., 2013. “Active Control for a Distributed Mass Damper System,” Journal of Engineering Mechanics, (in press).
Fu, T., and Johnson, E., 2013. “Structural Health Monitoring for a Distributed Mass Damper System,” Journal of Structural Control and Health Monitoring, (in press).
Fu, T., Ghosh A., Johnson, E.A. and Krishnamachari, B., 2012. “Energy-efficient deployment strategies in structural health monitoring using wireless sensor networks,” Journal of Structural Control and Health Monitoring, 20(6), 971-986 (first published online on 8/6/2012).
Fu, T., and Johnson, E., 2011. “Distributed Mass Damper System for Integrating Structural and Environmental Controls in Buildings,” Journal of Engineering Mechanics, 137(3), 205-213.
Chintalapudi, K., Fu, T., Paek, J., Kothari, N., Rangwala, S., Caffrey, J., Govindan, R., Johnson, E., and Masri, S., 2006. “Monitoring Civil Structures with a Wireless Sensor Network,” IEEE Internet Computing, March/April 2006, 26-34.
- About Us
- Undergraduate Studies
- Graduate Studies
- Visit Us
- Contact Us