Dr. Charles Goodspeed
Director of the Transportation Technology Transfer Center
Phone: (603) 862-1443
University of New Hampshire
Kingsbury Hall Room W141
33 Academic Way
Durham, NH 03824
Investigating the performance of concrete reinforced with Fiber Reinforced Plastic, FRP, products; investigating the use of High Performance Concrete, HPC, in highway construction; developing management software packages applicable for local highway officials.
Strength of materials, project management, senior design projects and structural analysis.
- Goodspeed, Charles, Vanikar, Suneel, and Cook, Ray, "High Performance Concrete (HPC) Defined for Highway Use", Concrete International, January, 1996.
- Goodspeed, Charles, and Aleva, Geoff, "Stress Distribution in FRP Grid Reinforced Members", Non-Metallic (FRP) Reinforcement for Concrete Structures, Proceedings of the Second International RILEM Symposium (FPRRCS-2), Ghent, August 23-25, 1995, pp. 298-305.
- Goodspeed, C.H., Ferragut, T., and Jackson, D. "Usage of a Corrosive Model to Predict the Service Life of High Performance Concrete (HPC) in Bridges", Corrosion 95, The NACE International Annual Conference and Corrosion Show, March, 1995
- Schmeckpeper, Edwin, Goodspeed, Charles, and Lemieux, R.R., "Road Surface Management System (RSMS)", Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Managing Pavement, San Antonio, Tx, May, 1994.
- Schmeckpeper, Edwin, and Goodspeed, Charles, "Fiber-Reinforced Plastic Grid for Reinforced Concrete Construction", Journal of Composite Materials, V. 28, No. 13, 1994, pp.1288-1304.
Concurrent with graduate work he was employed by Structural Concrete Corporation; post Ph.D. he has served as a principal investigator or consultant for clients including: FHWA, AID, DOE, NSF, Simplex Corp., Shimizu Corp of Japan, Nashua Corp., and is the Director of the New Hampshire Technology Transfer Center.
Charles Goodspeed was born in Boston, Massachusetts on March 12, 1944. He received his B.S.C.E., M.S.C.E. in 1967, 1969 respectively from Worcester Polytechnic Institute, and Ph.D. in 1972 from the University of Cincinnatti. He joined the Civil Engineering faculty at Carnegie-Mellin Univesity in 1972 and accepted a position in the Department of Civil Engineering at UNH in 1978. He is a member of Sigma Xi, ACI, ASCE and is the charter Director for the Society of Composite Engineers.
Alumni Association Award fro Excellence in Public Service awarded in 2004.
- About Us
- Undergraduate Studies
- Graduate Studies
- Visit Us
- Contact Us
- Available Positions