Suspending an Education Abroad Activity
The International Travel Risk Review Committee (ITRRC) evaluates education abroad activities when a significant health or safety concern is raised and decides whether to suspend that international activity. ITRRC may decide to suspend an education abroad activity before a program starts or while it is in process.
This health or safety concern may arise from a number of sources, including U.S. State Department travel advisories, travel advisories from governmental or non-governmental health organizations, risk assessments from travel assistance providers, UNH faculty and staff with an expertise in the area, natural disasters, on-site staff officials or other indicators of potential health or safety threats.
The committee will determine whether to suspend an education abroad activity based on the ITRRC Review Criteria.
In emergency situations where it is impractical for the International Travel Risk Review Committee (ITRRC) to meet, the Senior Vice Provost for Academic Affairs and Director of the Center for International Education may take immediate steps to have students removed from a country, region or area. Individual UNH-sponsored program staff also may take immediate steps to remove students from a country, region or area in emergency circumstances without prior action by the committee. The individual program director or designee will notify the Committee within 24 hours of any such emergency action.
- About CIE
- International Affairs Dual Major / Minor
- Why IA?
- What is a Dual Major?
- IA DUAL MAJOR: Policy, Curriculum & Requirements
- IA MINOR: Policy, Curriculum & Requirements
- Advising and Registration
- Career Planning
- IA Profiles
- IA Faculty
- IA Alumni
- FAQs for IA Students
- IA Peer Mentors
- Study Abroad
- Getting Started
- Applied - Accepted
- While Abroad
- Returning to UNH
- Documents & Forms
- Study Abroad FAQs
- Faculty & Advisors
- Study Abroad Programs
- Incoming International Exchange Students
- Outgoing International Exchange Students
- The World at UNH
- UNH Int'l Travel Policies & Resources
- International Travel Assistance & Insurance Program
- Policy on International Travel Risk Review (ITRR)
- International Travel Registry
- Developing UNH-Managed Study Abroad Programs
- International Agreements
- Risk Management Tools