Study Abroad & Exchange
Inside the Blue Mosque in Istanbul, Turkey (photo by Linda Hoang '14)
Congratulations--you are taking the first step towards studying abroad! At UNH, study abroad is a valued and encouraged educational experience—one that enriches your academic, professional and personal development and prepares you, as part of the new generation of leaders, for the challenges of global citizenship and engagement.
There are more than 500 study abroad and exchange programs from which to choose, offered during January-term, summer, fall and spring semesters or the full academic year. You may fulfill major, minor or Discovery/General Education requirements and maintain your financial aid package.
This website will give you all the information you need to take; from planning and preparing to being abroad and returning home! So get started today!
As a parent, you probably have many questions when it comes to your student studying abroad. Click on the Parents button to find out more about financing, insurance, emergency contacts, policies/procedures, as well as the cultural and emotional impact that studying abroad may have on your son/daughter.
If you are a faculty member and/or advisor who wants to:
- About CIE
- International Affairs Dual Major / Minor
- Why IA?
- What is a Dual Major?
- IA DUAL MAJOR: Policy, Curriculum & Requirements
- IA MINOR: Policy, Curriculum & Requirements
- Advising and Registration
- Career Planning
- IA Profiles
- IA Faculty
- IA Alumni
- FAQs for IA Students
- IA Peer Mentors
- Study Abroad
- Getting Started
- Applied - Accepted
- While Abroad
- Returning to UNH
- Documents & Forms
- Study Abroad FAQs
- Faculty & Advisors
- Study Abroad Programs
- Incoming International Exchange Students
- Outgoing International Exchange Students
- The World at UNH
- UNH Int'l Travel Policies & Resources
- International Travel Assistance & Insurance Program
- Policy on International Travel Risk Review (ITRR)
- International Travel Registry
- Developing UNH-Managed Study Abroad Programs
- International Agreements
- Risk Management Tools