UNH Unveils New International Travel Assistance and Insurance Program
If you experience a medical emergency or a natural disaster or security crisis, need a medical referral, lose your medication, or want to consult experts for pre-travel advice, UNH now has a fully integrated program in place to insure you receive the care and expertise you need, whenever and wherever you need it.
Effective immediately, UNH is providing these international travel assistance services, as well as sickness, accident and emergency evacuation insurance to all students, faculty and staff traveling abroad on University-related activities. Please visit the Center for International Education website to review the UNH International Travel Assistance and Insurance Program and its benefits in detail. Below are some highlights:
- All UNH students, faculty, scholars, and staff engaged in UNH-related activities outside the United States are eligible for this Plan and are automatically covered.
- Emergency medical, security, legal, and personal services will be provided by International SOS, a premier international services provider.
- International SOS provides free pre-trip travel, medical and security advice prior to departure through their online portal and toll free Alarm Center.
- Emergency sickness and accident medical expenses are covered up to $1,000,000 through University Health Plans (UHP) with no deductible and no exclusions for pre-existing conditions.
- UHP insures medical evacuations and repatriations and political/natural disaster evacuations organized by International SOS.
- The insurance covers advanced payment to a hospital if needed to secure admission and provides reunion benefits for a family member or friend to visit a hospitalized UNH-traveler.
- UNH travelers on University-related activities will be able to purchase the same coverage from UHP and International SOS for accompanying spouses and dependents, leisure travel that may coincide with UNH-related travel, and trip cancellation/trip interruption insurance.
UNH is in the process of developing an International Travel Registry to support this new travel assistance and insurance program, so we can better serve UNH community members while abroad. If you have any questions after reviewing the website documents, please contact Beth Kilinc (email firstname.lastname@example.org) at the Center for International Education.