About CCRC  
  Current Projects  
  Media Archive  
  Fact Sheet  
  Contact Us  

Fall. 2005


Deadline: February 1, 2006

The University of New Hampshire Family Research Laboratory (FRL) is soliciting applications for post-doctoral fellowships for research on family violence. These NIMH-funded, full-time positions are open to new and experienced researchers with doctorates in the fields of psychology, sociology, social work, law, nursing, public health and medicine. The fellowships are intended for work in the area of child abuse, marital violence, elder abuse, sexual abuse, child victimization, rape, homicide and other family-violence related topics with special attention to mental health impact. Scholars use the one-year fellowships (with possible one-year extension) to collaborate with FRL faculty on a current project, to work on one of the many data sets archived at the FRL or, in the case of senior candidates, to work on their own projects.

Fellows must be able to reside within commuting distance to UNH (one and a half hours from Boston). Annual stipends run from $35,568 to $51,036, depending upon number of years since receipt of doctoral degree. Applications from scholars with backgrounds in developmental or cognitive psychology, or interests in family violence in minority families, or families of persons with disabilities are particularly encouraged. Applications (FRL application form required from website ( letter of interest, curriculum vitae, three letters of recommendation and publications or work sample) will be accepted beginning immediately. For more information, contact David Finkelhor, Co-Director, Family Research Laboratory, (603) 862-1888; email: Complete applications should be sent to Program Administrator, Family Research Lab, Univ. of N.H., 126 Horton SSC, Durham, NH 03824. The University of New Hampshire is an equal opportunity employer.

Citizenship Requirements:
Applicants must be a citizen or a non-citizen national of the United States, or have been lawfully admitted for permanent residence at the time of the award. A non-citizen national is a person who, although not a citizen of the US, owes permanent allegiance to the US. They are generally persons born in outlying possessions of the US (e.g., American Samoa). Individuals who have been lawfully admitted for permanent residence must be in possession of a valid Alien Registration Receipt Card (I-551), or must be in possession of other legal verification of such status (e.g., proper validation on his/her passport, or a notarized photocopy of properly validated passport could suffice).

Individuals on temporary or student visas are not eligible for support.
Application Form - This application form is available on the FRL Website in HTML, PDF, and Microsoft Word format.

Please Send a printed copy of the Application along with the following:

  1. Current CV or Vita3 - Professional Reference Letters
  2. 3 - Sample of writings

Send your package to:>

Family Research Laboratory
University of New Hampshire
c/o 2005 Post Doc Fellowship Committee
126 Horton SSC
Durham, NH 03824

For more Post Doctorial Information please call (603) 862-2279

* For Current Stipend information check the NIMH website at the following URL:

David Finkelhor, Co-Director
(603) 862-2761

Questions about the FRL can be addressed to:

Family Research Laboratory
126 Horton Social Science Center
University of New Hampshire
Durham, NH 03824-1888
Tel. 603-862-2279
Fax 603-862-1122


Phone: 603-862-3541

Crimes Against Children Research Center
125 McConnell Hall

University of New Hampshire 03824

Fax: 603-862-1122