Profile in Sustainability: Tegan O'Neill '14

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Tegan O'Neill, a political science major, is an intern at the Sustainability Institute.

Tegan O'NeillWhat will you be doing as an intern at the Sustainability Institute at UNH (UNHSI)?

I am excited to be joining UNHSI as an intern this fall. I will be working on student outreach projects, including blogging, mapping, and finding creative ways to get students and the community involved in UNHSI.

How will you use what you've learned in your classes in your work at UNHSI?

As a political science major, I have learned about the discussions and decisions that challenge society and ultimately move us forward. This background, along with my coursework in communications and technology, will help me start new conversations about sustainability at UNH.

What motivates you personally to be involved in sustainability?

As a hiker, runner and rock climber, I spend much of my free time outdoors. I want to be involved in sustainability because it will take an enormous amount of people behaving responsibly to preserve the beautiful things on earth for future generations.

You can read the Sustainability Institute’s comprehensive database here to learn about the  sustainability programs and initiatives at UNH.